These web pages are designed to support faculty in creating a culture of academic integrity in their classrooms. Specifically, they address plagiarism prevention, detection, and reporting. These pages also emphasize the importance of teaching students proper and citation and documentation practices. This resource has been divided into five main areas:
- What is Plagiarism? -- FAQs from faculty on definitions of academic misconduct.
- Prevention -- measures faculty can take to help prevent Plagiarism within undergraduates' written work.
- Detection -- ways to detect Plagiarism.
- How to Handle a Plagiarism Situation -- information on University of Connecticut guidelines
including proper notification to an implicated student.
- Citation Help -- information is provided for citing online resources using MLA, APA and Chicago
- Recognizing The Teaching Moment in A Plagiarism Case -- faculty should also consider how a plagiarism situation can be turned into something more than punitive.
If you have a question about Internet Plagiarism as it relates to the University of Connecticut Student Conduct Code, please contact Dr.Stuart
Brown, Director of Student Services at 203-236-9847 or via e-mail at Stuart.Brown@uconn.edu.